Steampunk Hat Pattern
This striking colorwork hat is knitted in the round from the brim to the crown. It starts with a two-color corrugated rib, continues to interlocking geometric shapes evoking wheels, gears or flowers, and is topped off with a star-shaped pattern. Whether you choose bold or muted colors, this eye-catching design works with an endless combination to suit your style. The pattern include both a shorter version, suitable for youths or adults to wear as a beanie, or a longer version to cover adult ears more completely. There are written instructions, a chart for the colorwork section and crown shaping, and a link to an online video tutorial for managing yarn floats in colorwork. Using one skein each of two colors of Seven Sisters Arts Zodiac (light worsted weight) allows for enough yarn to make two hats by reversing color placement on hats.
- Size: youth, (adult), fits 20-23” head
- finished circumference 18.5” x 7" (8.25") deep
- size US5/3.75mm circular and dpn needles
- 110 yds main color for long version
- 85 yds contrast color for long version
- 15 - 20 yards less of each color for beanie
- PLEASE NOTE: this product is for the pattern only, not a finished hat or kit.
- No refunds for digital purchases