Raven's Wing Gradient Set
- Calculated at Checkout
Sets of mini skeins available for preorder, custom dyed to order on the base of your choice. Estimated ship date December 1. Please note colors on Apex much darker than other bases due to yak fiber in blend. Single colors also available on full size skeins.
Raven’s Wing ~ This gradient series evokes the iridescent colors on a raven's wing, the colors shift from magenta to purple to blue and teal. Starting with the pink the colors are:
Color A - Beltran meaning 'bright raven' is a name used in Spain but it is of Germanic origin.
Color B - Branwen comes from Welsh and means 'beautiful raven'.
Color C - Raven is an English word for raven.
Color D - Corvus is Latin for raven and crow, the name of a constellation.
Color E - Corax is derived from Greek, it is the scientific species name for raven.
Color F - Renshaw an Old English name meaning 'raven from the forest'.
See below for base information.
- 60% superwash merino :: 20%yak :: 20%silk
- approx 135 yds/skein :: 810 yds/set :: 200g :: 3ply
- gauge 24-28 st/4” :: needle us 1-3
- 70% merino :: 30% silk
- approx 145 yds/skein :: 875 yds/set :: 200g :: high twist single ply
- gauge 26-28 st/4” :: needles us 3-5
- 80% superwash merino :: 20% silk
- approx 133 yds/skein :: 800 yds/set :: 200g :: 2 ply
- gauge 24-26 sts/4” :: needles us 4-6
- 75% superwash merino :: 25% nylon
- approx 150 yds/skein 900 yds/set :: 200g :: 4 ply
- gauge 24-30 sts/4” :: needles us 1-5
- 80% superwash merino :: 10% cashmere :: 10% nylon
- approx 70yds/skein :: 420 yds/set :: 230g :: 4ply
- gauge 18 -22 sts/4” :: needles US 6-8